Search This Blog

Saturday 24 February 2018

Kitsters last stand update #3

I've bottled this today as it was stable at 1012, and had nearly 3 weeks in the FV giving the yeast lots of time to clear up.

Batch primed in the bottling bucket with 75g of sugar, then packaged into 500ml bottles. After trub, etc, accounted for, I got 37 bottles in total.

This is the first brew I've bottled for years, but it's just as much of a faff as I remembered it. I need to have a think about the whole process, as I want to brew several beers that won't really suit being put into a king keg for various reasons. There has to be a better way!

Now carbing up at 20 degrees in the brew fridge for a couple of weeks then into the garage for conditioning.

The sample tasted really nice. Lots of flavours that need melding in the conditioning phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment