Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Bobeck / Canadian Blonde brew update #3

Ok, so I made a bit of a mistake with my dry hopping. The plan was to dry hop at fermenting temps for 72 hours then remove and crash at garage temps. However, I didn't leave any way of getting the hop bag out easily, so after the 72 hours I just turned the heaters off and left to crash for a few days. The hops were in these for a total of 6 days, which is longer than I planned but I looked to have avoided any 'grassy' flavours that I have read you can get if you leave them in there too long.

It's now packaged in a king keg, primed with 90g of sugar dissolved in boiling water, and is back in the water bath at 20 degrees for a few days, then it will be left to condition for at least 3 weeks before I try it properly. I had a sneaky taste while barrelling, and it wasn't very hoppy really, and perhaps a bit thin? Time will tell.....

No comments:

Post a Comment