Search This Blog

Thursday 9 November 2017

Bobeck / Canadian Blonde brew update #2

I measured the gravity of my Bobek / Canadian Blonde today after fermenting 12 days @ approx 20 degrees, and it was still at 1012, so looks like its finished at 4.73% alcohol and an attenuation of 74%, which is bang on for the CML yeast. It tasted quite nice, malty but with a nice level of bitterness and some hop flavour, although this wasn't pronounced. However, there wasn't any noticeable hop aroma, so I decided to dry hop to see if I could improve on both fronts with a dry hop of another 25g of Bobek.

Plan is to leave these in for 72 hours, then I'll remove the hops and cold crash by simply turning the fish tank heaters off and draining the water bath; it will then be left at garage temperatures (about 7 degrees this time of year) for a few days before transferring to a king keg.

No comments:

Post a Comment