Search This Blog

Saturday 28 October 2017

First Brew after house move

I've recently purchased and moved into my own place; the whole process took ages, as it developed into having to re-model the whole house. So, despite having been in my new place over 4 months, this was my first opportunity to get a brew on.

I thought I would do a Canadian Blonde, slightly modified, to ease me back into the swing of things. I also wanted an opportunity to give the yeasts I got from Crossmyloof brewery a try; Their Real Ale, Pale Ale and Californian Common. I used the real ale on this brew. So, here are the details.

Type: Modified Kit Brew
Sugars: 1 Coopers Canadian Blonde, 1 Kg Richies Brew Enhancer, 500g Medium DME
Yeast: CML Real Ale Yeast, re-hydrated as per packet instructions.
Hops: 25b Bobek 15 mins, 25g  5 mins  boiled in the Medium DMD + 5l water
Additions: Water de-chlorinated with 1/2 Campden tablet.
O.G. 1048

The sample tased nice, and the medium DME gave the sample a sort of IPA colour rather than a true pale ale, so we'll have to see how it all turns out. Obviously, all of my equipment hadn't been ued in a while, so I sanitised thoroughly, but am still worried that I might get an infection. I'll just have to see. I plan to Keg this one, then immediately brew something dark for bottling.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment